Thread: Black HIDs
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #41
boxster7614

Thanks for the compliments guys.

First off I don't know about the legal issues of modifying your headlights! However if you are going to run aftermarket HID lights this is the way to go about doing it, just swapping out the bulbs will shine scattered light into other drivers eyes. As far as I know even the new DEPO lights do not come with a true HID projector, The H1 projectors have a true cutoff beam and light pattern as OEM HID lights. I do purchase from retrofitsource and yes the earlier model of the H1 projector did have problems, but they have updated the design since then. You can see that post was from 2010! I also did a few mods of my own to improve the cut off color line! They do not throw scattered light all over the road like just swapping in the cheap bulbs do. As far as getting pulled over or not passing inspection...unless YOU specifically TELL the officer YOU modified them...... I highly doubt anyone would question HID headlights (with a OEM light pattern) on a Porsche. Unless that officer happens to be a Porsche Boxster fanatic and knows every change and model of which headlights were offered.
boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote