View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
I am IMS STUCK! After removing the IMS bearing in one piece. I am not sure what do about this….

My engine is locked at TDC (at BOTH ends of crankshaft and camshafts). Chain tensioners are OUT. I removed the IMS bearing - NO PROBLEM!!

However, my IMS bolts are lining up in the crankshaft HOLES…NOT on the steel part of the crank flange. It is supposed to be a friction fit on the crank flange and MUST NOT be tightened down into the holes. HOW DO I SOLVE THIS? Will is re-seat itself when I re-install the Chain Tensioners?

I have the chain tensioners out at the moment….I am hesitant to turn the crank WITHOUT CHAIN TENSION.

So, the question is - and I have researched my tail off but cannot find an answer:

HOW do I make sure the Crankshaft holes are NOT UNDER the IMS BOLTS? How do I move them to safe ground?
I have to ask, are you using the LN method to install the IMS, or the one Wayne espouses on Pelican with the bolts pushing on the IMS gear?