View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Why I'm Mad at Porsche

Here's the scenario - I was at AutoClub Speedway last Saturday for a DE in prep for the PCA Festival of Speed to be held at the same location in April. I am driving in the open passing group and everyone is very careful and courteous with their passing.

As the day progresses, I find that I am turning lap times just slightly faster than a few other guys in 5.0 Mustangs and Camaro SS's. In fact, I am faster than they are through the banking and the infield corners, but they freight train me on all of the straights. So, we're all passing each other 2-3 times per lap - they pass me on the straights and I get back by them in the corners.

Yes, its fun to be fastger than guys with over 400hp, but what peeves me about this situation is why the heck can't I buy a Boxster with a 350-400 hp engine? Why does the Boxster/Cayman get stuck with a max of 320-ish hp and the only way to get more is to move up to a 911?

What I feel is salt in my wounds is the fact that Porsche sells a sedan and friggin' SUV with huge horse power. They aren't even sports cars! WTF?

Porsche should quit messing around and sell a high powered Boxster/Cayman.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote