View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:11 AM   #7
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Welcome to the forum. I have a 2001 base box with air cond. and heated seats.
I can relate to your situation as 2 years ago I had a barebones 99 Miata MX5 which had no heated seats and no air cond. I was okay with it for 4 years but the wife was not. Having lived in the UK(Yorkshire and Berkshire) I would think that air cond. is not really necessary but might be better for resale. I don't have cruise control on my Box and don't feel the need for it.

It gets hot here in summer so air cond. is necessary here. The red Box looks really nice but make sure you get a prepurchase inspection done on it by an independent garage. Look at other Boxsters before you decide on this one although u have put money down, you may feel committed. For sure get a ppi done and make sure it is what u want. It is easy to buy a Porsche but harder to sell. A ppi will give u idea if it is any good and if you decide on this one and has only minor defects, then deduct the cost of the repairs from the purchase price. Read up on ims failure on the internet. Consider getting the ims replaced, or install the ims guardian which I have done or else live with the 5% probability of failure. Also as mentioned above would u rather have a Box s? Do not be in a hurry. Let us know what u decide on.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote