View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
Ckrikos

Upgraded dash speakers tonight

So I upgraded my dash speakers tonight to Polk db401's and they sound great. There is a fairly large change in sound quality (much more so than I experienced changing out the head unit). All I'll add to the installation that hasn't been said before is if you are using the stock speaker to make a basket try and get It as tight as possible (speaker within basket, then basket within the grill). I ended up epoxying the speakers to the basket and inadvertently glued the basket to the speaker grill. When I went to install the speakers the driver side didn't fit. It stuck out on the left side by a quarter inch. I then tried it on the passenger side as the opening has a bit more clearance and it fit. Then I prayed and tried the other speaker in the driver side and thankfully it fit perfectly. So watch out for your depth clearance. I also used the stock connector which made the hook up real simple. For the money this is a great mod. I'm going to do the doors next but am going with the stock size I'm too lazy to install the 6x9's.

Last edited by Ckrikos; 01-17-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Ckrikos is offline   Reply With Quote