View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #10
Ronzi

There is a UK mag Porsche & 911 World, or maybe it is 911 & Porsche World. Similar to Excellence, but I don't like it as well.
There are three or four books dedicated to the Boxster. Check Amazon. Basically they are "development of" type books that don't cover anything much later than the intro of the S.
If you are interested in Porsche history the world is your oyster, as there are literally dozens of books, covering in detail every model every produced. Ludvigsen's new expanded two volume "Excellence Was Expected" is the ultimate Porsche book, but pricey at $150 ... or is it $250? Anyway, bring your wallet.
Unlike some of the other folks, I like Panorama, particularly for the articles about Porsche history, usually very well done. But it IS basically a glossy, well produced club newsletter, so if you're not into PCA activities it is not likely to be your cup of Oolong.
One book I thought was especially cool (my interpretation of cool) was Denis Jenkinson's " A Passion for Porsche", about his experiences with the marque in the '50's and '60's. Jenkinson was a British motoring journalist most renowned for being Stirling Moss' co-driver in the '55 Mille Miglia in the Mercedes 300SLR.

Last edited by Ronzi; 12-15-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote