View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
dghii

Stupid Key, stupid me.

Let me start by stating this is not the first time I've had my key apart but the last time replacing the battery happened without issue.

My keyfob would no longer open my door trunk (and no led lighting when pressed).
I bought a new battery (CR2032), pulled the battery head apart and replace the battery. The led lit up when a switch was pushed and then the fun began...

I went to snap the two pieces of the key head together and could not get them to snap back together...at all! If I pulled the guts out (circuit board and battery) the two pieces of the key head would snap together no problem. I messed with this thing over and over again for more than an hour with no joy.

Then it gets worse.

I go get my spare key and pull it apart. Same issue! It will not snap back together either!

I ended up leaving the guts out of the key today so I could drive the car to work without my key falling apart.

What the heck am I doing wrong? Is this just related to having a 13 year old car and key? Anyone else ever have this problem?
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote