View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
gmarvel

Finally Got My Boxster

I had a new 914 when I was 21 (saved up during high school and early college years). Then I got married, new family, new house, etc. So long to the 914. I have dreamed about getting a Porsche again for 30 years. Finally, I took the plunge after I picked up three new clients in my consulting practice in one week. I decided I had the excuse. This forum was incredible in helping me focus on exactly what I wanted. It had to be a Boxster. The issue was color, year, etc. I don't believe in buying new cars. I want the other guy to eat the biggest part of the depreciation.

I found a 2008 lease return. It has a little over 20,000 miles, and cost $32,000. That was a good price for California. It is Carrrara White, Tiptronic, 18 inch wheels, and full leather. I know some don't believe in Tiptronic. However, the San Francisco Bay Area traffic is killer. I run a virtual company and we all work from our homes. So, this will be my local commute car when I go to clients in the San Francisco Bay Area. Even then, most of my interactions with clients are online meetings. When I have to go see Southern California clients, my other car is JetBlue or Southwest. Having said all that, I want to enjoy the car, even in heavy traffic. So, for me, Tiptronic was the way to go. I went with an after market touch screen Kenwood audio system with Navigation, Sirius/XM, HD Radio, Pandora Radio, Bluetooth on screen cell phone connection, CD/DVD player. In the interior shot you can see my cell phone cradle fits perfectly below the radio/nav system.

The windstop is stock. I did have them replace the convertible top (it would not stay properly aligned when closing) under the factory warranty. I got no hassles or arguments from the dealer.

My wife and I have taken it out on several road trips (one to Yosemite). What a rush.

I live in an area that is fairly well off (lots of those "evil" 1% people) with many high end cars. That said, I still have been getting compliments on the Boxster from people that regularly see sports cars at the cafes and restaurants in our small town.

The San Francisco Bay Area has great weather most of the year. So, year round enjoyment of my new Boxster is definitely in my future.

Again, I want to thank all of you on this forum. I read many of the threads and it helped me focus on exactly what I wanted.

I have attached several pictures. I know how you all insist on pictures.

gmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote