View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 04:17 AM   #15
Allen K. Littlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Well, if you liked the '11 Box S a lot but don't want to part with the dough, never never test drive a GT3 RS at a racetrack Freaking amazing!!

I made my peace with the Porsche wants a while ago. A GT3 RS would be great but unless Penske calls and says he has one for me on his dime it ain't gonna happen. My current car is a 2.5L, the slowest Boxster made... and it is still a bucket of giggles every time I drive it. When the motor finally gives I may put a 3.6 in there or find another car. For now it's plenty fast enough.

I am with you on this one. Mine is a 2.7 TIP and it delivers miles of smiles everytime I drive it. I also like the classic look of the first 986 style cars. The new 981 is growing on me and I am sure I would love to have one but I sure am glad I have my '02 and, like you, if the engine goes I would consider a Raby rebuild or replacement 3.4 or 3.6. Still going to be fun to drive the new S at speed on a track. Let you know how I make out.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote