View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Driver's Window Gets Tired….

Hi All!

Love the 986, love the forum, got lots of good advice mixed with a few clever posters.

With the help of the articles here I have done quite a few "Boxster Projects" that would otherwise "break the bank". Which begs me to question why 02 Boxster S driver's side window is not cooperating and why it has taken so long to gets around to asking about this problem, so here goes…

When I open the driver's door handle, the window rolls down but when I shut it the door the darn thing does not retract! It makes a nasty noise when it hits the window trim, not to mention just not being right. Then I have to "re-seat" the window by rolling it down fractionally and back up again into the weatherstripping. As I am driving the junk out of the car, the driver's door is getting a LOT of use.*

Is there a fix for this without having to slum down to the dealer? Is it a stuck micro switch somewhere or a simple adjustment?

WD-40 & torx can standing by…..

* I call it "Grin Maintenance". Takes a lot of driving to keep that grin plastered! I call it "Perma-Grin" now.
Homeboy981 is offline   Reply With Quote