View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
stateofidleness

Gents,
an update on this one..

I've attached the estimate I got from my mechanic to have this work done... I should have been sitting down! Man, that aftermarket warranty would have been awesome right about now...

Anyways, do the prices on here seem reasonable? He said the transmission fluid replacement labor would be reduced from what's on the estimate if I chose to do it at the same time as most of the labor involves removing the panels and braces.

The $745 is for an aftermarket transmission rebuild kit that has all the seals in it already (no wait from Germany), but is more expensive than individual seals. It does include the unavailable front pump outer seal however.

$845 for a transmission fluid flush?? really? He did say the labor would probably be half, but damn, 1k for a flush? and people are worried about IMS's?

So for the invoice, the total is $3288 without the aftermarket rebuild kit, and $2443 without the fluid flush. This is for the "double lip" seal, trans converter seal, and updated RMS replacement, topping up differential fluid, and transmission fluid flush.

What would you do? (ps: he doesn't charge for the tools)
Attached Images

stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote