View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Auf los!

I changed my fuel filter for the first time 4 days ago and had the exact same problem with the ground wire. I had to resort to gripping the connector gently with a pair of pliers and giving it a firm tug.

Gotta say I LOVED the fuel quick-connectors, though. SO easy, compared to other makes' connectors. Wonderful German engineering.

My new filter came with a plastic plug to protect the long...neck, I don't know what else to call it. Knowing that fuel was going to spill out that neck, I put the plug on it the moment I removed the connector. I'm going to look at the removed filter and see if there is something I can jam in the other connector (on the end of the short hose) to stop so much fuel from coming out that end.

Here's a question...how do I safely dispose of the old filter? I drained it and left it outside overnight, thinking it would dry out. The next morning I tossed it in my recycling bin, but hours later I removed the lid of the bin and was greeted by wicked fuel fumes. It's now outside again. Will it eventually stop stinking by itself? Or can I do something to speed-up the process?
Auf los! is offline   Reply With Quote