View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaPanek View Post
This is my first year living in Virginia with my Corbeau seats in my Cayman and am having a hard time getting the airbag system fault to be cleared for good. Is it possible to fully clear the fault so that I may pass the Virginia State Safety Inspection? I have had it cleared but we triggered it somehow while repairing a faulty wire in the rear turn signal. Now my local shop says their super Porsche diagnostic wire cannot connect with my airbag system at all and they'll have to spend a lot of time, and my money, figuring it out with no guarantees. Any other people with Caymans in Virginia run year round with race seats and have passed the safety inspection???
I don't know of any state that would pass a car for state inspection with the air bag MIL on. Problem is that you removed part of the air bag controll wiring with the OEM seats; so you either have to add that back, or reinstall the factory seats and clear the MIL for state inspection time.