Thread: Can't buy gas?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
amschnellsten

Can't buy gas?

Alright, here is what is going on, My 2000 is very hard to start after buying gas. The first time it happened I had just got the car and went to the gas station and filled her up and no start. I ended up getting towed and swapped out the ignition switch and then it started but ran rough for a couple of minutes. I got a check engine light at that moment and the codes were 1128 and 1130. I cleared the codes and they never came back. So last night I decided to get some gas again but did not fill it up and it finally started after a lot of cranking with the pedal mashed to the floor. Ran fine and no more problems.

So I decided today to risk it all and go to the gas station and fill it the rest of the way up. I went to a station close to my house and on a small hill just in case and I did have a hell of a time getting it started again but it eventually fired up and I had to hold the gas on for a bit otherwise it would stall. I am getting an howling noise every once in awhile from the hose near the gas cap in the front of the car. While I was skimming pages the other day I noticed that other people were having similar problems but my search today did not turn up much. I remember reading about some check valves behind the headlight that might be the culprit.

Any ideas? I really need to buy gas to have some fun.
amschnellsten is offline   Reply With Quote