View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 10:08 PM   #2
larez2

You'll know it's the base model if there is a keyhole on the passenger side door and if the car does not have a keyless entry/alarm system or speakers on the doors.

That sounds like a pretty good deal if the car is in good condition - mechanical, body, top, tires, etc.

Figure the 30k service to run you about $900 from the dealer or cheaper from an indepent shop, it should include and oil change, new spark plugs, new air and cabin filters, some other things and a bunch of checks. It will be cheaper if you do all or some of it yourself.

Does the owner not have the service records? That's a red flag to me.

Pioneer will do a PPI, pre-purchase inspection to check out the car for you (and I think it's required if you go with one of their warranties). Not sure how much it will cost though.

Don't know anything about the Millennium warranties, but if you feel like it will give you peace of mind, go for it. Just be sure to check out the fine print...

I live in San Diego, if the car for sale is near me, I could probably take a look for you if you want another opinion, just PM me.

Good Luck,
Larez2
larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote