View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 09:31 AM   #10
Brucelee

"I don't consider a 6yr / 57K mile car to be some dinosaur, high mileage, over the hill vehicle. That others just accept all the problems as it is the price you pay for such a technical wonder is a joke."

I am not here to defend the Boxster nor to slam Lexus. I am a fan of both. And your opinion about Porsche is based on some very limited data on one 6 yr old car.

The comments we made about a 6 yr old car are valid however. Whatever car you buy that is 6 yrs old or has 57K miles on it, it WOULD NOT be surprising to have something like an O2 sensor or MAF sensor go bad. If you are skeptical of that, simply pick out a car, go to a forum on the car and sample the owner's comments.

As I pointed out, I have had a number of issues with older Lexus' autos (SC in particular) and if you go on the SC forums out there, there are TONS of repair issues that folks deal with everyday with older SCs.

This does not knock Lexus reliability, as the JD Power data is clear on who good these cars are. Then again, that same data has Porsche near the top most years.

So, all I have been saying is that there IS NO PERFECT USED CAR! THEY WILL ALL NEED REPAIRS OF SOME TYPE.

I do think you are not temperamentally set up for a Porsche and that is fine by me. There is no one car for everyone and you will just have to find yours elsewhere.

Again, good luck to you!
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote