View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 04:05 AM   #7
jmcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha055
Hi,

I have an oil leak, it leaks in the middle of the engine. Every morning I see 2-3 drops of oil on my garage floor.

My first though was RMS and I acccepted that I'm gonna wait until the clutch change to fix it.

However I installed Pedro's technotorque2 this weekend and I noticed that the oil is coming from the top of the engine, there was a paddle of oil under the oil filler tube, just to the left of AOS.

The problem I have is I cann't figure out how to reproduce the problem. I wrapped oil filler tube with paper towel and run the engine through RPMs and it was dry..

I feel the smell of oil every time I redline the car while driving to work.. but in the garage no matter what I do I cann't see any oil.

How do I reproduce the oil leak from filler tube? is it happening only when the car under load? I cann't drive with paper towels on top of the engine..

My car is a 2000 boxster 2.7L with 76K miles. I changed AOS 8 month ago so it shouldn't be AOS.

Thanks
Sasha
That sounds like a cracked oil fill tube. They usually crack in the articulated bend that is located close to the firewall.
Some cracks on this tube are hard to find and they only leek when the engine is running and the oil is under pressure.
It's a bit of a PITA to replace this tube. But if you did the AOS...
jmcl is offline   Reply With Quote