View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 06:22 AM   #32
Brucelee

"HAHA! Sorry Brucelee, but that was a good laught to start my day. Anyone that thinks the air is clean obviously doesn't look up into the sky.

Sorry but those aren't clouds up there. Also contrails and exhaust doesn't linger in the sky (especially at that high altitude) for that long.
They especially don't spread into a large cloud like this:

Next time you see a checker board up in the sky just ask yourself....."Why are they doing that??...""

Boy, I hate it when data gets in the way!

See following!

America's air has become a great deal cleaner over the last generation. Since measurement began in 1970, U.S. emissions have fallen dramatically, even while GDP and travel have more than doubled. America, in other words, is producing much more while polluting less.
Ambient air pollution levels
(1976-2001)

Ozone -33%
Sulfur Dioxides -67
Nitrogen Dioxide -42
Carbon Monoxide -73
Particulates * -27
Lead -97

Note: * 1996-2001

Source: Index of Environmental Indicators, 2003

Production vs. pollution
1970-2000

Vehicular mileage +149%
Economic production +161%
Airborne emissions -25%

Source: Index of Environmental Indicators, 2003

Note: Table made from bar graph.

"Is that why Bush was given a report two years ago that a large glacier on the polar cap had cracked, one that hasn't moved in hundreds of years??"

Well that MIGHT be true but what do you conclude from that. If the polar caps are dynamic and they are growing in mass (which they are) they might acutally crack from time to time. Ice tends to do that when it MOVES and ENLARGES!

"Sorry guys, I'm not trying to knock anyone but unlike most of you, I have access to a lot of fed info"

You may have access but you have not shared any data, just innuendo. We do welcome data!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote