View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 06:41 AM   #9
Brucelee

I think the amusing point is that the government is supposed to "do something" about the current level of gas prices.

For those of you in that crowd, what specifically do you feel the government "should do." And, in the same vein, how much SHOULD gas cost anyway? What is the magic number?

Those of us who remember the last time the government stepped in to handle prices, well, that didn't work out very well. I remember the gas lines and it was NOT fun.

I think that Williams credentials as an economist are substantial. He is not apologizing for anyone, simply saying that there are some very fundamental factors that COULD be worked to improve the supply of oil and refined gasoline.

I will post other respected economists who agree 100% on this. Frankly, when is the last time anyone here actually took on the "greens" when they were blocking ANYTHING that remotely looked like it could generate energy within the US.

On the point above on nuclear eneregy, yes, yes yes. However, the same Greens who fight oil drilling would have a fit if you propose to build a nuclear plant in the US.

From the GREENS point of view, we would all park our Porsches and buy a Prius. It is the "virtuous" thing to do, right?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote