View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 05:41 AM   #3
Brucelee

As usual, Randall has done a very nice job answering this question.

Thanks Randall!

One thing to mention is that what constitutes a CPO car and CPO warranty can vary greatly from one manufacturer to another. I too have had CPO car from Lexus and found their warranty to be top drawer.

I have NOT had to use a CPO warranty from Porsche so I have no direct experience.

Irrespective of which manufacturer/dealer you purchase the car from, it is criticial to receive a copy of the warranty contract. If the dealer says there is no such thing, then he is lying or just plain wrong and you should tell him so.

I did have to chat with Lexus about this and they did find the paper work for me after our chat.

Elsewhere on the board, one of our members is fighting with Porsche as we speak in regards to replacing his top under warranty. This member does NOT have a warranty contract and is without a reference when Porshce says, "no go!"

You should NOT assume that the extended warranty is identical to the new car warranty. Often they are NOT and yet, the sales pitch is otherwise. Many states are now starting to crack down on this practice, writing new regulations on the use of the term CPO and how it can be used.

As in all things, Caveat Emptor!

Best of luck.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote