View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
papasmurf

Painting center console a different color...

I have a 2000 base with the P69 Sport Design Interior Option. The interior is in pretty good shape but the door pockets and center console are starting to show their age and some of the paint has come off the shift knob. The P69 option is the "granite" look paint finish that is kind of grey metallic in color. The roll bar, console, door pull, door pockets, door handle surrounds, radio trim, seat back, guage trim and guage rings are all painted this color. I would like to get the console and door pieces repainted to match if possible but I do not know how I would replicate the finish on the pieces so I was thinking of repainting the console and interior pieces in arctic silver (the exterior color) or the aluma look. There is a part of me that would like to keep the originality of the car since the option code is kind of rare though I am not insisting this is going to be a collector car anytime soon. I have checked ebay on occasion for the console and very rarely they come up for sale but I do not plan on paying 400-500 dollars for a used console and probably would not pay that for a new one either. If I was to repaint in either color, it would probably be a DIY project.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote