View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 04:45 AM   #20
Allen K. Littlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I personally think that SS should have remained supplemental and not considered one's sole source of income in retirement (a view held by far too many ignorant Americans) by setting it up right in the first place. Had they told everyone that once they drained their government savings account they would receive no more money, we'd be in a far better place today.

I'm certainly not counting on getting any SS monies, even though I've been forced to give tens of thousands to it through the years.

And if I do get a check, I will dump every penny of it into a Porsche. The wife already told me I could do it if we kept saving for our retirement the way we've been doing
Randall, I suggest you go back and read my post on the history of SocSec. If it was left alone as it was promised and the govt. didn't take it and spend it on the "Great Society" crap, it would be there for all who HAD to contribute to it. How come Congress has a private plan for their retirement and are all not on SS? How come the dangers of the market doesn't seem to apply here only the paying public?

The Dept of Agriculture has as many employees as their are farmers in the country, now why is that? Dept of energy has a 24.7 billion dollar budget for this year alone. To do WHAT? Latest junket to India will cost 2million a day, includes 40 aircraft, 3 choppers and armored cars. Therefore, NO, I do want the money I put into SS. Just abolish all of these nonsense Depts that do nothing but insure an army of democrat voters and return the money to the SS fund.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote