View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Morelli

1999 Boxster - 62k - DEAD...

Ok, here is the story:

It's been about 105 degrees for the past few days. Of course, I still drive her fairly hard. Today I went by a buddies place, parked for about 15 minutes, and when I went to leave, she fired up, and then stalled. Turned it over again, fired up, then stalled out. Did it again, this time I gassed it to about 3000rpm, and let it down slowly, but as soon as it hit idle speed, she stalled again. Tried several more times, each time after that I couldn't even gas it before she stalled.

The only weird thing is that...you know when you fire them up, and there is the water level (?) indicator on the dash...and it usually shows full...??? This time, rather than showing full, it looked like the picture below. Only two bars would flash, and they would go down the ladder. Look at the picture below and think about a barber pole...with the two orange bars going down. I have never seen this before.

I let the car cool for about 20 minutes, and fired it up again. It stayed on for about 5 seconds, then died again.

Any thoughts? It's not the alternator, starter, or battery...??? Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!