View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
Burg Boxster

If I can be so humble to offer some suggestions......

Your ad w/ the reference to the replacement motor in the second sentence would scare the s#!t out of me (especially if I wasn't at all familiar w/ Porsches...). You obviously should and will disclose that to a potential buyer but no need to scare them away straight off the bat. In the $10k and sub price range, you'll get a lot of non-Porsche people looking who will likely just move on...

Furthermore, you make this car sound REALLY expensive w/ the $3500 spent TY and $22k spent over all. Plus it comes across as very high maintenance. Hell, now even as a Porsche enthusiast I'm not interested. Well, I wasn't really anyway

So, I say rewrite the ad and only highlight the positives. Leave out the negatives for the live discussions. Oh yeah, and take some better pictures. Tire depth is important, but if you only have 4 shots, it ain't 25% of the decision. Get it out in the sunshine w/ a nice backdrop, turn the wheels and make sure you get a good sparkle reflection and make it look FAST and FUN! Right now it kinda looks like a Dodge Stratus sitting on the used sale lot of Thrifty rental cars....

You need stuff like this to sell that great car - especially so cheaply

Good luck w/ the sale
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote