View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler
I visually inspected the radiators and dont see a leak, also cleared out a ton of leaves and debri that was stuck in the area of the radiators.

I dont smell coolant when the heater is turned off so I dont think it can be the water-pump or a leak from anywhere in the rear of the car.

I really can only see it being a Heater core related leak at this point.

So from what I have read above the Heater core is located under a Cowl of some sort and not the dash...........thank god!!

Anyone with a service manual, can you please just let me know what cowl the heater core is under/behind?

dont need a full write up step by step but just a simple idea of what to start removing to access it.

Im working on getting a manual of my own but keep getting outbid on ebay for one.

thanks guys

You have to remove the battery, the wiper arms, then the plastic cowl at the base of the windshield, then wiper mechanism, and then you can access the heater core at the center of the base of the windshield. You also have to remove the strut-supports that tie the struts to the front bulkhead. In order to get it out, you have to disconnect the very short hoses that feed it and pull off a glue-covered pad that sits on top of the core.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote