View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
Mark_T

I did my own top replacement and, even though it turned out well, it was a lot of time and effort. If I could find someone good to do it for $500 or less, I would gladly farm it out next time. If it cost more than that then I'd still do it myself.

The top itself cost $500, shipped from England, and included a pair of oem slider clamps. The quality was excellent and the fit was perfect.

The tutorials by Mike Focke and Wayne Dempsey are great. If you have those you can leave your Bentley on the shelf.

I did my first one in about 10 or so hours. I would think that if I did 4 or 5 more then I should have that down to about 6 or 7 hours easily, and a pro should be much faster than that. These guys charging 1000+ for the job are pulling down a pretty mean hourly rate.

I'm told that if you want a glass window the best route to go is to get a complete four-bow top off an '03 or'04. Putting a glass window top on a three-bow means a smaller window and restricted access to the motor in service mode. I stuck with the plastic window for that reason.

Last edited by Mark_T; 08-17-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Mark_T is offline   Reply With Quote