Thread: My Boxster
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
BlitzSRM

My Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
Right, I think market is a big part of it. How many people modify their Hondas compared to Porsche owners? A lot of young kids get a cheap Honda given to them and then modify it as funds permit. There's a big market then for Honda tuner parts. Heck there are even whole magazines just dedicated to Honda tuning. Face it though, we're the minority when it comes to Boxster owners. Most Boxster owners are perfectly happy keeping their cars 100% stock. Many Porsche snobs feel it is an affront to the fine Porsche engineering to change anything!

I was reminded of this last Sunday when I went on a PCA tour. There were several Boxsters on the tour - all 100% stock. A lot of people ogled my Boxster as I had it dressed up nice in humps and all... but would any of those other owners even consider changing out their amber side markers to clear? Nope! I think the market is less limited by the number of Boxster cars as it is by the age and attitudes of most of the owners.

Kirk
I wish I had a chance to go to a PCA tour event.

I was one of those Civic kids. I probablly would still have it, if it wasn't stolen.

Anyways, everyone has there own preference.

My Boxster is not stock, although I bought it that way, i like it modified.

But, I do appreciate a well maintained stock car. I think of it as a Blank canvas.

This is my Boxster. I'm guessing that the previous owner was a member of this forum. He did a Great job. The only thing I did was lift the back alittle, the tires scrape the fenders.

It needs new headlights because at night they look messed up, when they are on.
BlitzSRM is offline   Reply With Quote