Thread: AC doesn't..
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Tall Cotton

I checked most of the fuses that I believed could be a factor to include the one that had a laundry list of equipment to include "air conditioning relay" as well as the "heater, defrost, ect, climatronic" one so I don't think it's a fuse. Well, I checked them visually... I wasn't able to find any others listed that would seem to be related. I couldn't find any reference to relays in the manual, so I didn't know where to start looking. Something tells me it might be a relay or the climatronic. It blew ice cold on Saturday and I couldn't go colder than 72 degrees without getting uncomfortably cool. It has been extremely humid and hot down here in Middle Georgia with heat indicies above 100 so it may be the evaporator as well. I had similar results in my M3 when my evaporator failed in it years ago in South Texas.
I just went ahead and dropped it off today to have it checked out. We'll see tomorrow. BTW the compressor is covered under the extended warranty but thanks for the offer.
The link was great. I'll use it to recharge my truck which is starting to lose its cool!
Tall Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote