View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
23109VC

maybe a muffler shop could fabricate some way to plug it...like add threads to the inside of the hole.....and then a plug that would go into it? then I could screw it shut for most of the time, and undo it if/when I wanted it open?

if my bypass muffler is done "wrong"....what is wrong about it and is it fixable or shoudl I just ditch it?

one othe question - if i leave the bypass pipes attached, but plug it up at th tip..then some exhaust gas will get into the bypass pipes....but will get trapped...and won't be able to make it out...so i'm wondering if that will make some sort of weird backpressure situation that will hurt performance? or will the pressure just build up and the exhaust will flow into the muffler normally?

it will essentially have a small "line" extending off the piping that is a "dead end"...not sure if that will cuase probs or not? right now, with my corks in their, it sounds fine and runs fine.. at least it seems that way...
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote