View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
boxzilla

Update

Although I believe that I connected all hoses correctly, that is my starting point when I get home tonight. As mentioned I did drive it for about 8 miles after I put everything back together. Ran fine, actually replaced the AOS just for fun. Although I have owned the car for only 3k, I thought with 67k on it, I would follow the ounce of prevention lbs of cure route. Now with the "no good deed goes unpunished" reprisal....it stings....

Is the trip on a vacum system or electrical system?

Ok, getting stranger....Last night I started engine....Idle perfect, no smoke,etc. Put car in Reverse and it shows 5th gear, no movement. I put car in Drive and goes to 5th gear (will crawl) but after I let the car warm up to around 180 degrees. I was able to put car in drive and with the paddle shifters click down through the gears (but only in Drive) The paddles responded slow but I was able to run the chain 5-4-3-2. Put car in Reverse and cannot paddle through the gears, stays in 5th gear, and will not move.

I did wash the engine after I installed the AOS.s Does anyone know if the shifting is controlled electronically or by vacuum?
DRL hack

Last edited by boxzilla; 04-13-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: updating information
boxzilla is offline   Reply With Quote