View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #19
John Y

Nice!

Further to the below, the 07 car at a non-Porsche dealer with balance of factory warranty sold (or has a deposit on it) for 30K. Considering that it is not CPO, and has 17K miles (Bose, Xenons, heated seats and windstop) that is also pretty consistent with your purchasing experience. And the fact that the dealer with the CPO 06 and 10K mi is not budging off of 31.9 is also right in the same ballpark (Ihave to assume they'd drop to 31 or so if push came to shove, even if they are to be taken at their word; they probably weren't inclined to try to bridge the gap since my offer was 4500 off theirs.) All of which leads me to believe that the 05 S CPO is probably priced pretty close to what dealers get for a comparable 05 CPO Boxster S. I will see how I feel about that car after today, and may ask him to include a new battery as well. Will think about it over the weekend and see if there are other ore appealing options, or if I want to search a little longer.

As for the condition of your paint - I enjoy detailing and would like to think I have gotten fairly handy with the tools of the trade; I have had good results with my cars and those of other including a couple of black ones. If you want to come up to White Plains sometime, we can take care of it.
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote