View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #12
John Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschotland
KBB trade in "excellent" is $23.7, which probably more than they give for it in trade. Private Party "excellent" is $26.5k. You should certainly be able to get to $27k. This is now a 5 yr old car.

To me CPO isn't worth anywhere near +$3k. The chances of you coming out ahead on that with such low mileage aren't high, but if it gives you that much comfort go for it.

Let us know how you make out.
KBB's CPO value for an 'excellent' 2005 S with the correct mileage (9500) and after adding in the Bose and front side airbags is $32,225, so I'm not sure how you calculated that?

Also, Edmunds is 33K, and NADA guides is 33.8K - would be interesting to know how they respectively collect their data.

I will definitely be posting once I have one again ...will be taking a second look at the S this weekend, as well as a CPO 06 non-S. Seems to me the CPO warranty, if it is about a 3K difference, could pay for itself in one shot considering that this is a Porsche! The piece of mind is certainly worth something to me, even if it isn't 3K. Especially on a car with very low miles, where potential problems may not have manifested or had a chance to develop.
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote