View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 04:34 AM   #1
John Y

Price for CPO 2005 Boxster S?

Hey all,

it's been a long time (it seems to me) and I am looking to get back into a 987, a thought that pleases me.

I'm looking at a Seal Grey/blk 05 S that is CPO, and has only about 9500 mi. xenons, Bose/windstop, heated seats, auto climate, caps and mats, that's it, which is pretty much ideally-spec'd as far as I'm concerned. Condition seemed very good aesthetically in and out, though I am going back for a second look Friday when they have cleaned it up for me - was kind of dirty, and a grey day with less than great light the day I drove it. No issues on the 10 miles or so I drove it - everything I would expect. I would not call the condition excellent, because the left front bumper has been lightly resprayed; not very obvious, but I had a feeling maybe?? Sure enough, went inside and it is on the CPO report - they say it was scratched and the fog light damaged, so the former was repainted and the latter replaced.

It has just had its brake flush, and there have been a couple oil changes.

Their ask was originally 37,495, and in negotiations, they are currently at 34.3K I offered 33,650 and I think they may meet it or come under 34, anyway. Thoughts?? Anything else I should be thinking about? Your input would be very welcome.
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote