View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
Callum1971

2002 3.2s Vs 2003 2.7 facelift ???

Ok,

I've done all of the reading scared myself to death reading about Boxster engine failures & waitied nearly 6 years off & on to make my purchase but i've finally decided that I still want a boxster.

I've viewed quite a few over the years but have got 2 to view tomorrow.

1st one is a 2002 3.2 s in black with black leather & 67,000 miles, air con some aluminium trim white dials etc & the rear screen has been replaced. it has a good service history & i think I'll be able to get it for £10,000 as it's a private sale (so no warranty). To be happy with it I'll need to change all of the lights at a cost of around £570 to bring them up to spec & I know I'll end up putting a GT3 front end on the thing along with some rims & I'll be happy total cost with paint around £12,800 but I'll be able to keep it for at least 2 years with that milage & sell it before it hits 100,000 miles.

The other is a 2003 2.7 facelift model in black with black leather £11,900 it comes from a second hand car dealer with a 3 months parts & labour warranty. it also has more alumininium trim & looks very nice inside but it's done nearly 90,000 miles, all it will need is rims to look kinda special bringing the cost to £13,100 but i cant help thinking that the miles are high & that I'll have to sell it within a year.

My question is although both cars float my boat & I'll end up spending money on either of them so that I can achieve the look that i want should i favour one engine over the other bearing in mind th age & miles covered ?

Many thanks !
Callum1971 is offline   Reply With Quote