View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
coolbreeze551

n00b posting: What to know before long drive?

I am just going to say before I start that I am a first time Porsche owner that hasn't taken possession yet. This is my first ever thread and most likely the first of many since I have just bought an 01 boxster. I have yet to take possession as I live in Canada and purchased it from a dealership in Missouri. I had the PPI done by a Porsche mechanic and they found a couple things which I used to my advantage when negotiating the price. The valve cover gaskets were found to be seeping a small amount of oil and the outer cv axle boot is leaking a bit of grease. Everything else was found to be fine from what I have read in the inspection report. I have agreed to have those issues repaired and will have them fixed before I pick the car at the end of April.

My question is, what (if anything) should I ask the mechanic to address before I drive it home? Or what should I be thinking/concerned about? I will be driving it home which is about 1700 miles as soon as I pick it up, give or take and it already has 81k miles on it. If there is anyone out there that can give me some advice as to things I should take into account before I start the drive or while the mechanic has it I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by coolbreeze551; 03-31-2010 at 08:38 PM.
coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote