View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
JFP in PA

While I recognize what I am about to say will start a debate: never the less, it needs to be said.

I would not use any product from this company. All of the various oils and gear oils we have looked at over the years (and we looked at a lot of their stuff) have been questionable at the minimum. Virgin oil analysis has demonstrated a significant lack of consistency in the unused products, indicating poor quality control in manufacture; UoA’s have demonstrated that their products shear down and fall out of grade way too quickly. Add in the fact that RP has regularly made claims and used questionable “legalese” concerning what ratings the products hold, and you have to begin to wonder what is going on. Probably the worst was when then claimed ACEA ratings, but got called out on it and eventually had to admit that they never submitted their products for ACEA mandated testing. Yet they continue to say their products are “recommended for ACEA applications”, whatever that is supposed to mean.

While we have not tested everything they make, the products we have looked at have not demonstrated the level of performance you would expect for the price they charge; and their ethics are questionable. You decide………

And I would not continue to use the Mobil 1 0W-40 either, but for different reasons that have already been beaten to death on this site as well as other oil oriented sites..............

Last edited by JFP in PA; 03-18-2010 at 01:33 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote