View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 06:09 AM   #6
Burg Boxster

yes, it's possible to do as long as you reshape/grind the shaft to a blade further down so it accepts the shift knob. That being said, I wouldn't cut more than 1" off as you don't have a lot to work w/ from the get go on a SSK. Any more and you'll definitely have to modify the knob.

The basic difference between the OEM shifter and any SSK (B&M or Schnell) is the pivot point. It's just a simple lever as you know. In the OEM, there is more distance between the pivot point and the top where the shift knob is. In and SSK, there is more distance below the pivot point and connecting rods and less from pivot point to the top.

Personally, I'd start w/ a 1/2" trim and see how that feels. Others I know who did it stopped at 3/4" and said it was perfect.

Good luck

PS - Pedro from Pedro's Garage cut his down but I don't recall how much specifically. Here's a photo capturing how short the range is on his now:

Check out his site and ask him directly how much he cut it down. While you're there / talking w/ him, you should also pick up a technoBrace and/or the technoTorque. Worthwhile mods

Last edited by Burg Boxster; 03-15-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote