Thread: 235/40/18
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #10
Allen K. Littlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb986
O Crap...you have a 6-speed. Wanted one myself, but settled for this old farts Boxster instead. Still fun to drive.

LOL! Me too, old Phart that is, just turned 69 last Oct.

Now I have a wheel dilemma. I have a set of 8x18F & 10x18R five spoke Carrera Lightweights. I need to have them refurbished before they are presentable but they were cheap enough to consider getting them spruced up. Original Porsche wheels from a C4, '02. I am currently running the straight windmill spoke specific to the '01 Boxster, 7x17 F & 8.5x17R which I am fond of plus the width of tire still delivers decent mileage. What I wonder is what, if any, weight increase will be if I switch to the 18's? Cost of tires is a bit more expensive but not that bad. Any buddy have weighed their 18's for comparison? Also when you switched to 18's, did your mileage suffer?

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote