View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #29
70Sixter

Who'da thought the Model T would be a classic in 1929?! And the 64-66 original Mustang has already been mentioned. Hows 'bout 2CV?

They were ************************************ cars. Everybody had one. So they mostly got trashed, hotrodded or left in garages as worthless.

Even the big-engined monsters from the 70s that are so valuable now fell to worthless when gas got expensive. And they were terrible cars except for straight line acceleration. I know - I had a 67.5 Firebird 400 4sp with the hood tach.

And the Speedster! Porsche hated it and thought it was not a real Porsche. Thank you Max Hoffman. I remember when they were cheap used cars listed in Panorama for numbers that make me hate myself for not snapping one up. And a lot were bought as DDs until they died or rusted away. Or tracked.

I watch prices in Hemmings and am regularly amazed at the prices brought by reasonably maintained or restored cars like the 67 Mini Moke for $22k!

So do I think someone will eventually pay way too much for an original paint, numbers matching stock Boxster that has been gently used and painstakingly cared for by one owner?

Absolutely.
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote