View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 09:20 AM   #16
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S
Blah...blah...blah...blah...blah.....you did not answer the questions. I would assume the answers are, "no".

With you higher base of knowledge, you owe it to forum members here and your customers that your advice goes against the grain of Porsche, so those less knowledgeable than you can make an informed decision .....
Actually, I did, but you did not, or chose not to comprehend my answer…....my customer's know exactly what they are getting.

As for what I “owe” members of this forum, I have openly participated in multiple discussions, here and elsewhere, on the subject of oil performance in the M96 engine for several years. And I am hardly the only one to dispute Porsche’s oil choices on this forum (and others) for many years as well.

Please, feel free to “trust and believe in” whomever you please; as for me, I’ll remain circumspect about the “recommendations” of the engineers that delivered the M96 with the IMS issues, the RMS problems, the slipped sleeves, the “D-chunking”, sintered metal oil pump drives, etc. etc. etc………..
……..

Last edited by JFP in PA; 10-23-2009 at 09:23 AM.
JFP in PA is online now   Reply With Quote