View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnavarro
We do have some decent long term testing on the Delvac 1, for what it's worth, with the aircooled guys. Many tranny rebuilders, including Guard, recommend it.

Amsoil also makes a GL4 oil, that I used to use in 356 and VW gearboxes before switching to Swepco 201, which anyone before a 915 gearbox swears buy. It's also a GL5 rated oil, for what it's worth.

Interesting you mention Nissans - one of my customers mentioned their use of Motul in their race trannies (and engines) with excellent results.
Can honestly say that I have no history with Mobil Delvac synthetic gear oils, in fact, I don't know who even sells them. Did a quick online search, lots of data but nothing on were to buy. I'll have to make some calls in the morning.

Motul has several interesting products, only problem is that they tend to be very expensive to buy unless you get large quantities, kind of restricting. I've used their stuff as well, and it was fine, albeit pricey..........

Never been much of an Amsoil fan, but only because of their weird MLM-like distribution system, and because history has taught me to shy away from small blenders and stick with larger producers.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote