View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 AM   #26
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 941MXVET
Well, you could run you used RP in your lawnmower. I've been using their 5w40 product as it's acea rated, the car runs fine on it, but I'm considering a switch to Redline.
Royal Purple used to claim ACEA ratings, but then when challenged on that fact, their marketing department changed the claim to “using ACEA approved ingredients”, until ACEA stated that they only rate finished products, not components, and that all products that are required to be tested by a third party (independent) lab; after which RP finally admitted they had lied and had never submitted their products for ACEA testing, claiming that “because their customers are mostly US based, ACEA testing is not important.” Right; they get caught lying, and then say the ratings they so wanted to promote are “Not important.” Interestingly, they still publish some tech sheets with marketing employing purposely vague or deceptive verbiage such as “exceeds ACEA warranty requirements”, which is nonsense as ACEA has nothing to do with warranties, only the performance ratings of oils, and RP never defines what “exceeds” means. So they continue to play the marketing hype game rather than focusing on their products. Based upon their ethics, and UOA testing of their products (which demonstrated the poor performance of their products) , I wouldn’t subject my lawn mower to RP stuff, plus you can get a Hell of lot better oil for a lot less money................

And, by-the-by, Red Line does not have ACEA either, but at least they don’t lie about it……….

Last edited by JFP in PA; 09-23-2009 at 06:11 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote