View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #20
Brad Roberts

How about I grew up 15min from Mobil 1 headquarters and know for a fact that they buy the rights? (since 84) I agree Porsche does send out a "min. requirements" sheet to the manufacturers, but that doesn't mean the oil we bought from Mobil1 for a 97 Boxster is the same oil we get now. Matter of fact, we know it is different.

I'm the first person on the planet to point out armchair engineering but I also know how this works. Money talks.

2 out of the last 3 Factory Porsche backed ALMS teams I have worked with since 99 have been sponsored by Mobil1. NONE of the engines had Mobil1 in them.

Those people I know from Mobil1? ChemE's who actually help develop the formula's. They also test all the other brands to see what the next guy is doing.

I used Mobil1 up until I found out who PMNA uses for oil analyzing and started having my oil analyzed. Big difference between the different oils. Pick your poison.

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote