View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 05:59 AM   #13
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustingear
Well I tried this and made it about 20 miles ...shut it down and thought i was home free. this was an improvement because I have tried a couple of other times and only made it a couple of miles. I started it up after a brief shut down and took off and the light kicked back on. Just checked it out and same code PO341. before this I changed the plugs and reversed the coils from left to right side. I am perplexed. Any other suggestions?
P0341 is for an “implausible signal” from the cam sensor; what you should be looking at is the signal itself, and the route it takes to the DME.

First, using a digital multi-meter, with the ignition on, between the ground pin and pin #3 on the rear of the cam sensor plug, you should see 5 Volts. If you do not, the sensor is not getting power.

To check for continuity (test the wiring and connections to the DME), you will have to have a Porsche pin out box #9616, which is hard to come by. You can “jury rig” connections using some wire and plug, but you would need a wiring and pin layout diagram to accomplish this. If you do this, you should see 0-5 ohms on the power supply wiring, and infinity on the sensor to DME wire.

Tracking down these wiring issues is pain without the correct tools……….
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote