Thread: A few questions
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
Bladecutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walker
Ok now I have a REAL problem with the tail/head lights. If I turn the lights on by one click (not sure what that setting is called) only the passenger side head light turns on. When I put them on all the way, both head lights come on, but the driver side taillight does not. With the key out, only the passenger side parking lights come on using the settings to the left of off.
Lets try to concentrate on one problem at a time.
That should make things easier to deal with.

Originally, before you started playing with the bulbs in the taillights, the red marker lights on both sides used to come on with the light switch turned to one click to the right, correct? And when you would turn it the second click to the right, both headlights would come on?

That is how it should behave, ideally.

If you then pull the light switch towards you one click, both the front fog/cornering lights should come on. If you pull it the last position out, the left rear tail light should then be brighter than the right rear tail light.

So if that's the way your car was behaving before, but no longer is since you changed bulbs in the tail lights, I would recommend that you pull the tail lights, and double check that the bulbs are in correctly, and that they don't have damaged filaments in them.

Don't bother switching the light switch to either of the left positions, as those are just for testing purposes, or for some obscure UK light requirements.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote