View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

Quote:
Jake, if i can pull you away from the drama. Does FSI currently sell a turbo kit or have an ETA?
No and No... We have to finish the stregthening of the engine at the next level before this will be a priority.. I'd say we'll begin this in the next 18 months if the schedule stays as is and we continue to be successful with the rest of the program...

Quote:
do you guys need guinea pigs?... actually not sure i or my wallet can stomach a guinea pig job.
We do our best to use our own test vehicles as guinea pigs, thats why we have 3 of them (Two Boxsters and a 911). This is because we only benefit from the application if we can experience the details and gather the data personally. It also isn't fair for anyone to assume the risk of being a Guinea pig for our developments.. At the most we need a "First timer" to install the kit and critique it, so we can change the directions or make things more clear.

Quote:
Is turbokraft a good solution until i can have you build the engine for boost? and since "a lot has changed since then" is there any better concept of what such a build would cost?
They should be.

Quote:
i would call you and save you the time of typing, but it seems to me that i am probably not the only person with this question right now, much less in the future and having the conversation here helps get the word out, and give you a little free self-promotion everyone is soo upset about.
No problem.
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote