View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 03:57 AM   #3
Jackelfox

wow, that was a prompt response.

though a non engineer, i have always liked what a turbo can do with a small engine. A 3.2 isnt particularly small but even so... The only thing that makes me like the idea of an NA engine is that porsche engine sound (i know,i know)

The big issue is i don't have $20,000 clams to toss your way at the moment. So picking up a turbo kit that will later factor into my engine upgrade sounds like a decent method.

sounds like you had/have a lot of respect for turbokrafts work. I'm not probably buying a kit this week, but if i were, would you still recommend them? (i am assuming the fsi kit isn't just around the corner)

... or if you care to spend the time, convince me out of a boxster turbo?
I would hope that an FSI engine might last me forever, but at 300rwhp NA engine sounds like she might be mightily stressed.
my performance priorities seem to line up with yours (with the exception that i like things to sound good) torque, particularly down low in the rev range is what makes a car feel powerful and entertaining. I cant imagine that can be done more efficiently than with forced induction. (but i'm not an engineer)
Jackelfox is offline   Reply With Quote