View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Jackelfox

Question for Jake Raby on Turbos

Figure mentioning your name in the title is the way to get your attention.. sorry

I after hearing some of your complaints about pbbb wandered over there intent on some rubbernecking of the issues you mentioned, did a search on your name and found a older thread running through a question i have been meaning to post about.

My 2001 boxster s happily hit 101,000 miles old yesterday. While it is cheery as ever i on the other hand continue the hand wringing that reading what you write about our engines tends to cause. (not debating the point, i just at points enjoying the bliss my ignorance induces) The car runs reliably with just typical (for porsche) wear parts that i can fix myself. (engine mounts, coolant tanks, wheel bearings, cv boots, 02 sensors, MAF replacements)... anyhow... i get bored easily, 15 vehicles in 4 years easy, and i never intended on keeping the boxster too long. The car has grown on me and i have found it difficult to believe i could replace it with something i like as more or more for anything close to what its worth (which is not much being a 100,000 poor man's porsche) I am trying to scheme ways to keep the boxster but it needs some more exciting power (driving STI's make me grin) The thread i found on PBBB talked about a FSI and TurboKraft joint project that you were recommending for us "soon to scatter parts" high mileagers. Is this the boxster s turbo-kit Kraft has available? did it ever get off the ground? I love turbocharged cars and a turbo boxster would be nearly perfect (interior still sucks though) Updates? this thread was from oct 2008.

I know you guys are hard at work, the FSI site doesn't seem particularly up-to-date, particularly when it comes to us 3.2 guys. Info would be appreciated.

Last edited by Jackelfox; 07-29-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: clarity
Jackelfox is offline   Reply With Quote