View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
23109VC

i don't think I would attempt to take it out on my own. I honestly think it's over my head technically. No way I would pay a shop to do this professionally as the cost outweighs the benefit to me.

Basically - if it would really be possible to mask off the area and do it myself - with the paintscratch kit - I would try it. I did my own bumperettes and they turned out nice. I don't see why the roll bar would be any harder. there really isn't that much surface area to the rollbar - it's mostly the backside of the bar, and the part that runs along the lower portion of the windscreen....

it would obviously be easier to paint if it was out of the car - but getting it out might be more hassle that it's worth.

I figured if someone here had done it - and was able to get a good result WITHOUT removing it - it would give me some confidence that it can be done with good results.

I'm not hell bent on getting the rollbar painted - but if it's something I could do myself - I'd give it a try. i was hoping others had tried it with good results - and did it w/out taking the bar off.

i wonder if that tool is easy to get/use and once you separate the metal part of the bar from the soft stuff on the cockpit side - does it snap right back together - or is it hard to put back?
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote