View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
23109VC

i have the halogen lamps with the orange at the bottom - but I custom cut some white adhesive that is micro perforated and put it over the orange part. it effectively covers up ALL the amber, but b/c it has micro perfs - the amber blinks through fine - and the color matches the headlight acceptably. up close you can see there is a sticker on the lights. from 10'+ away it looksl ike I have cleared headlights. cost me nothing - i had the stuff lying around from another project.

you can buy the stuff on the web. it is the adhesive material used to make banners/stickers for bus windows, store windows - that they print on.

i'm not sure if there is a "good" or "better" brand of these bluish lights to get. i figure if I get decent quality bulbs - while I still won't have HIDs - it will look better than my fugly yellow colored lights. I don't drive the car at night that much - so it's not a priority to get true litronics. I usually drive at day - but if I am out at night, or have the parking lights on - it would be cool to at least have it look more modern. the bluish lights look newer more modern.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote